Woodgate Nursery Garden Show 2015
‘Round-and-Round the Garden’
A circular path of grey sandstone edged with French lavender leads around a central box sphere to a cream-painted arbour dressed with cushions and a tasselled blanket. Four box pyramids in lead-look planters provide structure and height in each corner. The garden is backed by apple trees and a hedge of Photinia ‘Red Robin’. Planting is in shades of pink and blue to echo the colour of the lavender and the pink in the buds of the apple blossom.
The show ran from 16th to 17th May 2015. The garden came second in the public vote so we’ll have to try harder next year!
The Woodgate Nursery Garden Show takes place annually in May. Each year five, 4m x 4m show gardens are built under the protection of a large marquee and the designers compete to win the public vote. Entry to the show is by voluntary donation with all proceeds going to charity.
Special thanks to:
The plant list:
- Malus robusta
- Malus sargentii
- Buxus sempervirens (sphere and pyramids)
- Photinia x fraseri ‘Red Robin’
- Pieris japonica ‘Carnival Sense’
- Heuchera ‘Obsidian’ & ‘Shanghai’
- Knautia macedonica ‘Melton Pastels’
- Lysimachia ciliata ‘Firecracker’
- Persicaria affinis
- Persicaria bistorta ‘Superba’
- Phormium ‘Evening Glow’ & ‘Rainbow Maiden’
- Polemonium caeruleum
- Polemonium reptans ‘Stairway to Heaven’
- Salvia ‘Amistad’
- Salvia x sylvestris ‘Viola Klose’
- Veronica gentionoides