Norfolk Garden Show August 2013
On a 4m x 4m plot this garden showed what could be achieved in a small space. Despite containing a lawn, corner arbour, flower borders and a stepping stone and gravel path the garden felt open and spacious.
The Norfolk “All About Gardening Show” ran from 24th to 26th August 2013 at the Royal Norfolk Showground.
Special thanks to:
- Ian Cooper (IFC Landscapes), ably assisted by Graham Cooper, for building the garden.
- G. Nicholls of Great Plumstead, who kindly donated the aggregate, sand and soil conditioner used in the garden.
The plant list:
- Acer palmatum ‘Sango-kaku’
- Hedera helix ‘Harald’
- Solanum jasminoides ‘Blue Ice’
- Cornus sericea ‘Flaviramea’
- Hydrangea arborescens ‘Annabelle’
- Hydrangea paniculata ‘Sundae Fraise’
- Pittosporum tobira ‘Nanum’
- Calamintha nepeta subsp. nepeta
- Gaura lindheimeri
- Penstemon digitalis ‘Husker Red’
- Sedum ‘Joyce Henderson’
- Blechnum spicant